Walk In Truth Counseling
"Then you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
How do I know when to get help? Do you experience…?
• Problems are not getting better?
• Sleep, appetite, relationships or job are affected?
• Overwhelming or prolonged sadness, helplessness and hopelessness?
• Difficulty with feeling angry or “on the edge”?
• Difficulty in daily functioning?
• Self-harming thoughts?
• Difficulty in concentration or decision-making?
• Repeated failed relationships?
• Relational difficulties in family, societal or social roles?
• Parenting struggles or understanding your child?
• Grief or feelings of loss that do not resolve?
How does therapy work?
In a safe setting, it provides a chance to share behaviors, thoughts and feelings to a professional with unique listening skills and training in current therapies, and with someone who has an objective view.
What does it cost?
The fees for therapy are payable by cash or check. Sessions (50 min.) are: $85 individual therapy; $95 couples therapy; $95 for initial assessment (60 min.) A sliding scale is available on a limited basis for those in need. No insurance is accepted at this time.
How do I choose a therapist?
It is important to have a good fit with someone that you feel is accepting and non-judgmental. Meeting a stranger with whom you share of yourself, often feels vulnerable, and some apprehension is normal. Different personalities are part of our humanity; similarity and differences can both be beneficial.
Is spirituality and faith a part of therapy?
This is your decision, according to your desire and level of comfort. If you want to examine life from a faith perspective, this absolutely can be part of your therapy experience. If you prefer not to, this choice is respected.
What are the benefits of counseling?
• Identify goals & formulate a plan
• Reduce stress & learn coping skills
• Understand your own thoughts, feelings & actions and responses
• Improve interpersonal relationships with others, family & spouse
• Address addictions & compulsive thoughts
• Embrace peace & satisfaction in life
• Have a safe sounding board for decisions
• Improve job performance
• Engage in personal growth
• Enhance self-esteem
• Explore your purpose and direction in life